When it comes to meteorologists, Kansas City is flooded with talent. Fox 4 Chief Meteorologist Mike Thompson is an Emmy Award winner, and Chief Meteorologist Bryan Busby of KMBC has a cuddly factor that no one else can claim.
But there’s one man who stands above the rest, both for his skills in front of the camera and for his dedication to KC off it. Here are 10 reasons why 41 News Chief Meteorologist Gary Lezak brings the thunder like no one else.
1. He’s a lean, mean, weather-fightin’ machine
2. He takes himself super seriously (maybe not)
3. But he DOES take the weather seriously. And blogs it, too.
4. He’s a selfie savant
5. He is #ForeverRoyal
6. He kicked cancer’s booty
7. The man can spot a double rainbow. Off duty. IN LAS VEGAS.
8. He’s got three awesome co-hosts #Sunny #Stormy #Breezy
9. He lights up our lives
10. And he’s an awesome coworker
Awesome costume bonus round: he knows there’s no place like home (and like we said, he takes himself super seriously)