Remember that first day of school? The nerves, the excitement, the hope that this would be the year you’d finally be able to talk to your crush without freezing up like an ’80s Macintosh?
Yeah, those were the days. Or not. Let’s be real — going back to school was mostly a giant, pimple-infested nightmare. But despite this truth, we were able to scrounge up a handful of reasons why it wasn’t that bad.
1. You can say bye-bye to boredom.
2. The earth finally turns down the heat.
3. You get to see all your friends again.
5. The scarfs you wear year round look less ridiculous.
6. All of the great shows you watch will have their season premiers.
7. You get to flaunt those first-day outfits.
8. Your parents buy you enough school supplies to start your own Bob Ross studio.
9. You get delicious hot lunches — for $2.15.
10. You can finally get these guys off your back.