Dear MTV Executives,
Congratulations on recently finishing your 30th season of the Real World. It’s a big feat for sure, and one you can justly be proud of.
But we’re confused. You see, you haven’t sent those seven strangers to Kansas City yet, and we can’t figure out why. You’re THE cutting edge of cool, right? Isn’t that MTV in a nutshell?
Well, the Huffington Post recently named KC the coolest city in America. Not Las Vegas, Chicago, New York, San Diego, or any of the other overdone cities you’ve been to multiple times, but KANSAS CITY.
MTV, you’re supposed to be cooler than the Huffington Post.
Need more proof that KC is where it’s at? Travel and Leisure ranked us No. 3 on its list of America’s favorite cities in 2014. Perhaps more importantly, the publication also named KC as one of the top cities for singles — i.e. plenty of opportunity for romance, heartbreak and scandal.
We have everything you need. Check the list:
– crazy club scene: Power and Light District
– hipster havens: both the River Market and Westport and everything and everywhere on this list
– classy stuff: the Country Club Plaza
– cool art scene: the Crossroads
– food: we have BBQ. The BEST BBQ. There’s plenty of other stuff as well, from fried chicken to vegan fare.
– alcohol: Boulevard Beer, obviously. And some great cocktail joints from Snow to Julep.
Hosting the Real World only makes sense. Heck, we’ve even got the house picked out: the historic Loose Mansion. This beautiful palace is conveniently located in the heart of Kansas City, making every night out a quick car ride away. With four floors, there’s plenty of room for housemates to sprawl out, or — more likely — brawl out.
Bonus: it’s haunted.
So forget San Diego and New York. Been there, done that. Kansas City is where it’s at. Get out here before we decide you’re not as cool as we thought you were.
We hope to see seven strangers roaming around our amazing city soon.